The collection of European ceramics – ranging from Delftware to Art Nouveau and Art Deco ceramics from the period 1880 to 1930 – is also exemplary.With these collections, the museum can tell the story of the world's most important ceramic traditions and their mutual interaction.100 years of the Princessehof In 2017 it was a hundred years ago that the Frisian notary Nanne Ottema opened the doors of the Princessehof for the first time.The centenary anniversary will be celebrated after the current renovation with the reopening of the museum.The tearoom will be located behind the shop, with doors opening onto the garden with a terrace.The new garden design is based on historical documents and will be the last to be implemented.
Now in the Princessehof Although the permanent collection on the first floor will not be viewable until the end of the summer, these exhibitions are: .
The renovation consists of three phases: a new presentation of the permanent collection, a redesigned entrance to the ground floor and a new garden design.
The exhibition rooms on the ground floor and the second floor will not be not refurbished and remain available for rotating exhibitions and ceramics in contemporary visual arts and design.
The current shop entrance will also become the entrance to the museum.
The palace hall on the ground floor of the museum will sparkle with its original allure and together with the style room and the Frisian hall form a prelude to the rest of the museum.
Search for datingstyle nl:
In addition, the entrance, the shop, the ticket area, the tearoom and the garden are being completely revamped.